Carbon Counting is the management process of reducing your carbon impact in the most cost-effective way. Frontline’s starting point is a carbon footprint assessment to highlight the activities that create the most emissions. Frontline will then educate the client and their workforce to elucidate its environmental footprint and work with our client to create a plan of action to reduce the client’s organisations carbon emissions.
Frontline Carbon objectives for our clients are to:
- Promote consistency, transparency and credibility in GHG quantification, monitoring, reporting and verification
- Enable organisations to identify and manage GHG-related liabilities, assets and risks
- Create comparable GHG units
- Facilitate the trade of GHG allowances or credits
- Support the design, development and implementation of comparable and consistent GHG schemes or programs
While putting the organisation’s carbon reduction plan in place, Frontline can offer in conjunction with our partners a portfolio of top- quality, certified carbon offsets so you can balance your outstanding impact and achieve carbon neutrality.
These projects have been specially selected to deliver real benefits to our project partners in developing countries.
Frontline will separate emissions into three groups
- Group 1 – Direct: emissions directly controlled by the organisation
- Group 2 – Energy indirect: emissions derived from the organisation’s activities but generated by other entities, for instance, those from the energy provider’s power station
- Group 3 – Other indirect: emissions derived from the production of purchased materials and services, such as, waste disposal and outsourced activities
Frontline recognise the following advantages for our clients:
- Prove your commitment to reducing your carbon emissions
- Develop robust, best practice, internal mechanisms for quantifying and reporting GHG emissions
- Prepare legitimate GHG assertions, claims and reports
- Quantify and report emission reductions from projects
- Reduce operating costs, enhance brand and realise value from carbon assets
Good greenhouse gas management has become critical for organisations with more and more companies are including environmental performance criteria in their procurement process. Also with independent Frontline verification, organisations can publish credible information about their carbon footprint, carbon neutrality and/or reductions.